If you've delved into the world of baby led weaning, these delicious root mash croquettes are a fantastic finger food for your baby's tiny hands. They're soft and packed with nutritious vegetables.
From 8 months
- 200 g (1 1/2 cups) potato, washed and peeled
equates to four small potatoes
- 125 g (1 cup) sweet potato, washed and peeled
equates to one half medium sweet potato
- 50 g (1/2 cup) carrot
equates to one half medium carrot
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (basil/oregano/thyme)
- 100 g (1/3 cup) zucchini, finely cut into tiny cubes
equates to one quarter medium zucchini
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 80 g (1/3 cup) goats cheese/cheddar cheese
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, toasted and ground
- salt and pepper
Cut potatoes, sweet potato and carrot into cubes and steam until done. Let cool and transfer into a mixing bowl. Stir in yeast, butter, herbs and mash.
Quickly pan fry the onion, garlic and zucchini until caramelised. Add to potato mixture until well combined.
Preheat oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Form little balls with your hands, then poke a generous cheese cube through the center of the balls and cover up the holes. Roll balls in breadcrumbs and place onto baking tray.
Bake for 10 - 20 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside and cheese has melted on the inside.
Zucchini is full of vitamins and minerals, like potassium and manganese, which improve digestion, support heart and eye health, and boost energy.